We welcome enquiries from students and can advise on resources which might be suitable for your topic. Please contact us.
Visitors purchasing a Reader’s Ticket will be offered an introduction to the Library’s resources, including the online catalogue.
Experienced genealogists purchasing a Reader's Ticket (£5/day) will be given an introduction to the Library's family history resources, and may use FindmyPast and the British Newspaper Archive.
Personalised genealogical assistance is available by appointment at £20/hour. Please book ahead by email, particularly if you are visiting Jersey with limited time. We do not undertake genealogical enquiries by telephone.
All research conducted on behalf of non-Members is charged at £20/hour. Please email us to see whether we can help you. The initial assessment of your research needs is free and carries no obligation.
Jersey-based Members of the Société Jersiaise are entitled to borrow two books at a time for a period of 3 weeks. Scarce items and reference materials will be not lent.
WiFi and Internet
Free WiFi is available in the Library. The internet is also available on two public computers.
- Photocopying and scanning: service is available within the bounds of the Intellectual Property (Unregisterd Rights) (Jersey) Law 2011.
- Photography (camera / iPad / mobile phone) by users is permitted for £5 per day.
- All photocopying / scanning / photography is carried out at the discretion of Library staff.
Conditions of Library use
- All bags must be left in the lockers provided, and coats in the cloak room
- Pencils only - no pens
- No food or drink, except for water in sipper bottles. Water fountain available.
- Phone calls must be taken outside the Library